Friday, June 19, 2009

Back into the swing of things

It has been a very long time since I have blogged. I make no apologies. The blog is for me. I hope it entertains or inspires my readers, but I no longer feel obligated to make regular entries.

That being said, I hope that you will soon notice that my entries will become more regular.

I have recently had a birthday. For my birthday I got an iPod. I immediately subscribed to every free quilting podcast available. So all week this week I have been listening to podcasts while I worked.

I have become a big fan of a particular podcast by Brye Lynn called "Sew, Stitch, Create!" Yesterday Brye Lynn dared me... yes, she DARED me, no, she dared ME to make sewing a necessity - to make it such a priority that I made sure I touched my creativity every day. And so I re-embark on my adventure.

Last night I touched my tropical flowers blocks. I only sewed a few inches, but I touched it. It made me happy and I felt I had accomplished something. I also read a book. I'll save the title of the book for a later post when I will also review the book but rest assured it was a quilting book.

So here's a great big shout out and kudos to Brye Lynn for setting me on the path to creativity again. Now, can someone give me a map so I don't get lost again?

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I feel that way daily....lost I mean....and like I need a big map...but like Jimmy Buffet(?) says life is better when thought of as a scavenger hunt.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online