Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Someone remind me to pull out my camera

I know where my camera is, I really do. It just seems I forget to use it! So give me a pinch and tell me to get it out and I might have some photos for you one of these days!

That aside, what have I been up to? I have actually been sewing! I love it. I have not been doing well at finding time to sew every day, but I am sewing more than I used to. In the last couple of weeks, I made an attached the binding to a charity quilt. I still have to sew the binding around on the back of the quilt, but it is that much closer to complete.

I also caught up on the hand work on my Tropical Flowers quilt. I think that makes 8 or 9 completed blocks. I have yet to cut out and fuse the rest of the flowers so it will be set aside until I get the time to trace the pattern - won't happen this week.

Why not this week? Oh holy cow, let me tell you!

I am preparing to move this fall to my fiance's house. In doing so, I am getting a new sewing room. So I decided that I really need a good sewing machine table. I went looking for a table but decent ones are $700 to $1100, far outside my budget. While I was searching craigslist I found a 4'x8' countertop someone was selling cheap so I went to go see it. It was perfect! It is huge! And she was selling a whole bunch of office furniture. So I got the countertop, 2 armless task chairs, two 6' metal storage cabinets, a 5 drawer lateral filing cabinet, a metal printer cart, and a 6' bookcase. Oh and the woman gave me about 200 white kraft bags with handles just because she needed to get rid of them! I'll cut a hole in the countertop and fiance will get first dibs on the rest of the stuff for his home office. I don't imagine I would get any of it to fit in my sewing room - the countertop, once on legs, will just about fill the sewing room.

And that's not all! Tonight I have to get ready because tomorrow night the quilt bee will be meeting at my house. I promised to teach them to use setacolor soliel paints to "dye" fabric. I have three large banquet tables that I will cover with plastic and put in the yard. I have several colors of setacolor paints, various brushes, pots and spray bottles. Each quilter is going to bring a fat quarter to paint and hopefully everyone will have a nearly dry piece of fabric to take home with them.

Thursday night begins the weekend here in the US. Independence day is on Saturday and so most employers are closed on Friday, including mine and fiance's. We'll relax on Thursday night, have his brother and brother's fiance over for a cookout on Friday, clean up and reorganize fiance's home office on Saturday and meet with our gaming group on Sunday. Somewhere in there I will have to squeeze in some sewing.

As for today, I have my knitting with me here at work so that I can get a little something done at lunch time. Wish me luck on that!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online