Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Getting Around to Quilting



It never fails. I wake up every morning with every intention of getting some quilting done but it rarely seems to happen. Something always seems to get in the way. Some days I can pinpoint exactly what happened that kept me from quilting. Today is not one of those days.

So let's see... what DID I do today? Woke up, watched a little TV, did some web surfing, made lunch, emptied the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, made plans to go embellishment shopping tomorrow, cleaned the kitchen counters and sink, did some more web surfing, made dinner, watched TV with Pete, built a blog. Wait a minute! I did do some quilting! I think it happened somewhere between web surfing and making dinner. I managed to get about 2 inches of my tulip quilt quilted. Hooray for me!

But now that I look at it, I may tear it out. I am not sure that I like the thread I used. Trilobal polyester in both the bobbin and the needle. Can't see the stitches on the front. Not sure I like that. If I am going to go to all the trouble to very carefully quilt this with very tiny stitches, I might want to be able to see them.

Maybe I will do a test run of some black cotton thread in the needle on the tulip quilt tomorrow. If I find the time. If nothing keeps me from quilting.

I wonder what the Tex number is on the black cotton thread I have

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I have always wanted to learn how to quilt. We have a nice quilt shop nearby - this blog has inspired me to check out some of their classes this spring!

Carla

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online